Blueberry and Banana Delight
Tonight my sweet tooth totally got the best of me. I really wanted to eat every flavor of Ben & Jerry’s at my local Kroger, but instead, I created my new favorite dessert, the Blueberry and Banana Delight. You can use regular yogurt if you really do not like Greek yogurt.
Recipe: 3 different Greek yogurt flavors, walnuts, chia seeds, hemp seeds, 1 banana, 1 cup of blueberries, and cool whip.
Instructions: Start with a fruit layer of blueberry and banana, Add a layer of Greek yogurt, Add a small amount of cool whip, Add a second fruit layer, Continue until cup is full, Add cool whip, fruit, nuts & seeds to the top layer.
How’d it turn out for you?
Jerm’s Herbed Baked Chicken with Honey & Chili Flaked Carrots and Couscous Stuffed Romas
Jeremy sent over these pictures today, and I just had to post them! He doesn’t really cook recipes, but he put together the instructions below.
- Boneless skinless chicken breast.
- Seasoned both sides with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried herbs (I have a grinder that has a French style).
- Preheat oven to 425. I use a non-stick oven pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and set timer for 30 mins (These were fairly thick breasts).
- Cut in half 3 roma tomatoes and scooped out the insides with a spoon. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper inside.
- The filling was boxed garlic and herb small couscous, but you can sub quinoa if you like. To that I added finely copped green onion, and mixed in low fat wedge cheese (come in a little wheel with a cow on it and is individually packaged).
- Slice a little sliver off the bottom of each tomato to make it sit level on the non-stick oven tray. Fill each “cup” with the filling mixture.
- Sprinkle with some herbed bread crumbs and drizzle some extra virgin olive oil (evoo).
- Cook them with the chicken on 425 for 17 minutes or until brown on top.
- Peel some whole carrots (not very large) and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Rub with salt, pepper, red chili flake, and evoo.
- Cook on medium high heat in a pan until almost tender.
- Pour it honey and let caramelize on the outside prior to finishing.
Will you cook Jeremy’s dinner? Guys, impress your lady with this dinner– it’s sure to impress!